WORK IN PROGRESS.
- Anarchist thinking on parenting while by necessity involve anarchist thinking on parenting.
- There is no one set one size fits all approach but must remain within anarchist principles.
- Anarchist parenting seeks to encourage positive qualities like curiosity for knowledge, responsibility for self and others, altruism, critical thinking, compassion and awareness of the world.
- Corporal punishment of any kind not only does not work but is positively harmful physically and mentally and is just in reality child abuse. All major child organisations agree with this.
- Would promote learning from mistakes/ trial by error
- Parenting style which is neither laissez faire nor paternalistic. Parent and child on equal footing.
- leading by example.
- Anarchism needs to be more welcoming to younger people and make spaces for accesible for parents.
- Seeks to develop "a well-rounded individuality" and not "a patient work slave, professional automaton, tax-paying citizen, or righteous moralist."- Emma Goldman.