anarchism is absolutely not, "anything goes" or laissez faire .
anarchism is not chaos.
anarchism is not disorder or opposition to organization.
anarchism is not Nihilism.
anarchism is not apathy.
anarchism is not terrorism.
anarchism is not a fashion statement.
anarchism is not reformist or liberal.
anarchism is not an abstract metaphor but a very real desire and vision.
My anarchism is neither anti- postmodernism nor 'post anarchism'.
anarchism is systemic, intersectional , social, interconnected ,interdependence, historical, contextual, dialectical, pragmatic, practice orientated, revolutionary vs. liberalism which is ivory tower, ahistorical ,decontextualized , individualized, Ethical consumerist , pacifist, gradualist , lifestylist, reformist , atomized, one sided, 'neutral' .
anarchism is about joy.
anarchism rejects any distinction between ends and means.
'human nature' : anarchism does not believe in inherent 'human nature' . 'human nature' is massively influenced by the kind of society we live in. We seek a society which encourages the best in humanity and discourages and disincentivizes the worst human traits.
Oppression: Oppression is intersectional and interconnected. Oppression is not reducible to capitalism. Capitalism is NOT the sole source of all oppression.
The working class can only abolish itself when capitalism is abolished, when money is abolished
Freedom, equality and solidarity
not oppression exploitation, hierarchy, privilege, selfishness and atomized life .
While money exists, there can be no Freedom, no equality and no solidarity.
No rulers. No ruled.
Those who make the decisions are the ones who carry out the decisions.
not representative democracy. activity not passivity.
with safeguards for minorities
Not consensus decisionmaking (generally).
Collective control of our own lives
not by bosses or union bureaucrats or politicians or capitalists.
not capitalism or the market.
Bread and roses
not poverty and ugliness.
Restoring the commons
not enclosure, privatization, commodification or nationalization.
Harmony with the Earth and it's creatures
not endless growth for profit
neither naïve industrialism of some syndicalism
nor anarcho primitivism
Revolutionary like Malatesta
not gradualism like Proudhon.
Diversity of tactics
both syndicalism and confrontation with the state.
not voting or using political parties.
uncompromising push for Revolution
Reforms on the way to revolution
not stopping at reforms
(demanding 10% and not stopping till we get 100% for everyone)
The oppressed must free themselves.
Not vanguards and no 'dictatorship of the proletariat'.
Anarchy will be unlikely to come in my lifetime. It will take years of preparation maybe decades maybe centuries. I do not claim anarchism is guaranteed to succeed.
The revolution is a process not an event. The revolution cannot be planned or willed into existence. The revolution is pressure which builds to the end confrontation.
Revolution cannot be gradualist . The revolution must be disruptive,
violence alone cannot inspire revolution or improve society. The revolution will not solely be violent but it will not be non violent either.
The revolution is Force/ destruction of repressive oppressive forces + creation of new anarchist practices, institutions and forms of organisation.
The revolution must involve and create anarchist organisation and institutions but also confront the repressive forces of the state with force
The revolution is the end of all false separations.
What I favour
1. Complete abolition of all systems of domination, of oppression, of hierarchy ,of privilege and exploitation to be replaced by a society guided by the principles of freedom, equality and solidarity with respect for all beings . This requires the abolition of the state and all it’s institutions, marriage, Patriarchy(which I include to mean the gender binary etc), White Supremacy, Animal use and destruction of the Earth among other systems. Such a complete abolition of oppression will require a complete transformation of society and a radical re-thinking of how society is organised.
2. The revolution must come from below, from the grassroots and from no where else. I am against dictatorship of the proletariat or vanguards. Marxist-Leninism and Bolshevism is in direct opposition to all I favour.
"we anarchists do not want to emancipate the people; we want the people to emancipate themselves. We do not believe in the good that comes from above and imposed by force; we want the new way of life to emerge from the body of the people and correspond to the state of their development and advance as they advance"-Errico Malatesta.
3. Grassroots (direct?) democracy or delegate democracy in federated structures from the grassroots local to coordination cross the world.
4. worker control via anarcho-syndicalism ending wage labour with an aim towards abolition of the wage system and the end of all work except that which is voluntarily done as required for the function of society. This means the end of such a thing as the 'worker and the 'working class' No to bureaucratic unionism, No to union bureaucrats. Yes to solidarity unions, Yes to industrial Unionism e.g. the IWW.
These conditions can be changed and the interest of the working class upheld only by an organization formed in such a way that all its members in any one industry, or in all industries if necessary, cease work whenever a strike or lockout is on in any department thereof, thus making an injury to one an injury to all. Instead of the conservative motto, "A fair day's wage for a fair day's work," we must inscribe on our banner the revolutionary watchword, "Abolition of the wage system."
5. I accept that full free communism may not be possible straight away but I think it best to aim for a society of Anarcho-Communism – which will be a stateless classless marketless moneyless society. Production and distribution based on need not on profit. Need meaning more than just basic subsistence needs but also psychological needs. The fullest possible development of individuals and society's potential. An end to consumerism once and for all.
6. Anarcho-Communism is I believe the best way to achieve a Green Society. I am critical of Mutualism and Individualist anarchism.
7. I accept other forms of anarchism will be tried and while I may disagree with them I accept them in the spirit of toleration as long as they do not make use of oppression or exploitation, formal or informal , systematic or institutional.
8. I claim no right to give a blueprint of the future society beyond the minimums set by anarchist principles . it is not democratic to do so . I am no prophet and so I cannot predict the future. This is what I favour only and I would not force it on others.
9. Anarchism will not be achieved solely by building alternative institutions and practices or solely by violence. Anarchism must both create a new social order and destroy the existing oppressive one. It is both creative and destructive. Anarchism will not be achieved by pacifism. There will be an inevitable violence clash between the State and the revolutionary movement.